Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Be Yourself


from Pinterest 

Being yourself. I think this is a very important topic, especially for tweens and teens.

Often in our culture today, we seem to get the impression to conform to what others think. We want to be "cool" or "normal". We often want to be like most other teens. We want to dress like they do, read what they do, act like they do, watch what they do- the list goes on and on.

I myself, dealt with some of this in my late tween and early teen years. I was afraid to stand out, to be different.

One day, it finally dawned on me what I was doing, and I started being myself.

I could hardly believe how changed I felt. I was real with people- I showed the real me. :) Being yourself is an awesome feeling. I personally felt let out of a cage- free! I felt like I could breathe again, instead of feeling stifled.

I am no longer afraid to be who I am, who God created me to be. No two people are the same- we're all different. God has shown me and is showing me who He says I am. I am chosen, I am not forsaken, I am His, I am loved by the Creator of the universe.

It was a few years ago, that this all happened, and I cannot even begin to express how awesome it's been to just be myself. I am okay with standing out. (I sometimes even enjoy standing out) ;) As Believers in Jesus, we are called to stand out, to be different. We are in the world but not of it.

Leviticus 20:24 says, "I am Adonai your God, who has set you apart from the peoples." (TLV) We are called to be set apart- not like the world. Set apart, for our Savior, who gave everything for you. For me.

I pray this post reaches someone who needed to hear this.

Be yourself. Be who you were meant to be, who God called you to be. Don't care what other people think of you. God cherishes you for who you are. You're set apart for Yeshua! He loves you the way you are. Be you. Be real.

1 comment:

  1. This song is absolutely beautiful just like you are Molly. Inside and out I see your Heavenly Father in you. Keep serving Him and you will be blessed. ❤️❤️❤️You so much.

    ReplyDelete