Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2018

The Zion Chronicles Series Review

This is a book series I read this summer, and loved them! I thought I'd do a post on the whole series because the books are basically one continuous story.


   

About the books:


The Zion Chronicles series covers the events surrounding Israel's statehood in 1948. Each book vividly portrays the intense struggle of the Jewish people in the aftermath of the Holocaust and the forces, within and without, which engulf the Middle East in conflict and controversy even today. 

Will there ever be peace in Zion?  The Jewish people wonder as they stream into the British Mandate of Palestine after the devastation of World War II. What has happened to God's promises to their nation? 

Review 


I loved this book series! I really enjoy reading books from this time frame. 

I enjoyed the setting of the book series. It is set in Israel, 1947-1948. Learning about Israel becoming a nation was awesome! 

Ellie was a fun character. She grew up in a wealthy family, sheltered from the world until she moved to Jerusalem as a photojournalist. As Ellie sees what is going on in Jerusalem, she has to examine her own heart and discover who God is and what matters most in life. She's probably my favorite character. She seemed to almost always be in the middle of the action, taking pictures of the event. :)

Moshe. Well, at first I wasn't sure what to think of him. ;) However, as I got to know him in the book, he was a character I really enjoyed. His willingness to give his life for his people was amazing. 

Yacov, a little Jewish boy, with his dog Shaul, were really sweet. Yacov was so brave, and Shaul was so smart and protective of Yacov. I savored their side of the story. :)

Rachel, a girl rescued from a Nazis concentration camp, her story was heartbreaking. She had so much inner hurt and anger to deal with. She needed healing. Through her Messiah, Yeshua, she finds that healing.

David was probably one of my favorite characters. He had an inner struggle to figure out if his life had any meaning. He discovers that his life has meaning- in God. I liked seeing how he grew in his faith and life purpose throughout the whole series. 

Overall, this book series was fascinating! There were many characters and sub-plots, which was intriguing. God was evident in this book, which is something I really appreciate in a book. 

I give this book series 5/5 stars! 

1 comment:

  1. I love how you get excited about what God is doing in the characters lives. So glad you found time to enjoy reading this summer.

    ReplyDelete