Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Family Forever Month ~ Sophie


Hello! Today you're in for a special treat! One of my younger sisters, Sophie, is joining me today for Family Forever Month, started by a blogging friend, Brooklyne, from Showers of Blessings.

Questions are in bold, Sophie is in blue, and I am in regular font. :)

Welcome to my blog, Sophie! :) Thanks so much for joining me! Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?
A little about myself... I love sewing!!! I usually sew for a few hours each day. I have been sewing anything from toys to baby clothes and dresses, for little children and babies on a Native American reservation in SD, and around the world. :)
I also sew preemie outfits and gather store bought things to donate to little ones in need like the Native American reservation and NICUs. I also love doing "Operation Christmas Child" boxes. :)
I play the piano too. :)
I love all the sewing you do! It's so special, and so precious! <3 Aww, thanks! :)

Below are a few photos of some of the things she has made in the past! :)

Doll with dress, headband, blanket, and matching hat for a little girl and her doll! <3

Dresses for little girls in need! <3

Operation Christmas Child box for a 2-4 year-old girl! <3

Baby in carrier for Native American reservation in SD! <3

Fourth of July stuff for preemies! <3


What is your favorite color? 
My favorite color is yellow; I like lighter yellows and bright yellows; I don't really like dark yellows as much but I do still like dark yellows. 
Yellow is a pretty color; you've loved it ever since you were little! :)

What is your favorite book? (Or series...)
Well, I don't have a favorite book but here are some of my favorite series. :) "When Calls The Heart", "Canadian West", "A Prairie Legacy" and "Love Comes Softly". All by Janette Oke. 
My favorite book when I was really little was "Dick and Jane"- I mainly learned how to read it myself. 
I've read all of those too! I really enjoyed them! I don't know if I read "Dick and Jane", though. :)

A book you want to read/looking forward to reading?
A book I am looking forward to reading is more of the "Heartland" series, I am only on book 9 of 20.
"Heartland" is a great series!

What are some of your favorite hobbies?
Sewing, crocheting preemie and newborn holiday hats for a NICU, dancing with my sisters. :)
Aww, I love dancing with you girls too! :)

What is your favorite Bible verse?
My favorite Bible verse is Song of Songs 2:14 - "Oh, my dove let me see your face, let me hear your voice, for your voice is sweet and your face is lovely."
Great verse, Sister! <3

What is your favorite book of the Bible?
Hmm... I don't think I have an official favorite but I do really like the books Psalms, Esther, and 1&2 Corinthians. 
Awesome choices!

Favorite food?
My favorite food would be pancakes, but I also really like the dessert pizza our younger sister makes, and Challah bread.
Challah bread and dessert pizza are among my favorites too! (I guess we're related...) ;) Yep, we must be related. ;)


Dessert pizza

Favorite animal?
My favorite animal is the Giant Panda. 
They are gorgeous and fascinating creatures, aren't they?! Yes, they are gorgeous creatures! I especially love how the Momma pandas hold the baby pandas in their arms. :) So cute!

Favorite holiday/feast?
My favorite holiday is Purim but I also really like Sukkot too. :)
*grins* I was wondering if you were going to say one of those! They are among my favorites too!!! I had a hard time picking my favorite! :)

Favorite season?
My favorite season is spring! :)
Spring is beautiful- everything seems new in the spring!

Favorite movies/shows?
My favorites would be... "Anne of Green Gables" (1-3), "Love Comes Softly" series, and "Heartland". (I am watching season 11 of "Heartland", and it is my favorite so far). :)
Some of my favorites too! I guess we also have some similar tastes in some movies! :)

Favorite outfit?
Everyday I like to wear a shirt that has ruffles or a shirt that has some lace and jeans. I also like wearing a flower clip in my hair. :) I don't hardly ever wear t-shirts!!!!! ;)
We are so totally not alike in outfit styles. Give me a pair of boots, jeans, and a t-shirt any day! ;) Yes, we are opposites in outfit styles! ;)

Favorite song? 
I don't think I could ever pick just one! :) Here are some of my favorites right now: "Spirit Lead Me" by Influence Music, "I Will Lift My Eyes" by Bebo Norman, "Yes I Will" by Vertical Worship, and "The New Jerusalem" and "Vow" by Melody Joy. I also like all of the songs on Melody Joy's two albums- called "Awakening" and "The Beginnning". :)
Wonderful song choices! I really like some of those too, and Melody Joy's albums are so good!!

Favorite flower?
My favorite flower is a sunflower. So bright and cheerful! :)



A few random things about yourself:

Can't there be 50? Haha, just kidding! Well, I suppose if you want to... :)
1. I love baking Challah bread with you nearly every Shabbat! :) Aww, I love doing it with you too!
2. I love little children and babies, and someday I would like to adopt children and have a few of my own too. :) I've known it since you were little! :) <3
3. There is not usually a day when I go without wearing earrings. Preferably dangley. :) Yep. That fits your style! :)
4. I love watching sunsets and sunrises and have taken many, many photos of sunsets and sunrises. Many, many, many photos! They are beautiful, though! :)
5. A few years back I was in a "Little House on the Prairie" contest for the character, "Nellie" and won for Nellie. My friend and my younger sister and I used to play "Little House on the Prairie" a lot! And I almost always acted out the character Nellie. Well, can't forget my other siblings joined in at times. ;) You were all so cute acting it out! ;) 
6. I don't like eating out much! Especially to Culvers!!! :) 100% agree, no eating out!
7. I love swimming! Not my favorite pass time. ;) Yeah, I guess it's me and our younger siblings who love swimming the most. ;) Yep, us older siblings don't like swimming too much. :)
8. I like sunny days over rainy days. Me too!


Sunset photos are taken by Sophie. :)





Thank you so much for joining me, Sophie!!!! :) <3
I loved doing this with you!!! :) <3 It was so much fun getting featured on your blog! :)
Bye all!!!
Thanks for reading this post! :)

~~~

By the way, I am going to be changing my blog design soon. Just to give you all a heads-up! :)

15 comments:

  1. I Can't wait to see your blog design changing! :)

    It was fun doing this you!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for doing it with me, Sophie! <3 It was a blast! :)

      Delete
    2. i didn't notice your note of blog disng changing. I have a question, Is your blog design a actual picture you took? Just wondering, cause if so that's really cool

      Delete
    3. It's not a picture I took, I found it online.

      Delete
  2. I like the sunset pictures! Sunsets are such pretty things to take pics of. They are part of the sun going down at the evening and not uncommon to see (sunsets)but they (sunsets) still are some of my favorite things to take pictures of. Overall good article, and your ister Sophie clearly is a good photographer . : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my favorite sunset pic is the middle one. Sorry if i am commenting too much.

      Delete
    2. And, if you could check out my blog and subscribe by email or follow it IF you like the content i'm posting, that would mean a LOT.

      Delete
  3. Love the way you Love & Cherish each other. I learned a lot about you both through this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! I loved reading your Family Forever Month post!!!
    Nice to "meet" you, Sophie! My favorite flower is sunflowers too! :) And, wow! You are really good at sewing! I like to crochet pretty well! *winks*
    Oh, and the Challah bread you both make sounds really good!
    Such a fun post, Molly and Sophie! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that your favorite flower is a sunflower! Sophie's so good at sewing! :) The Challah bread is delicious! ;)
      Thank you so much, Brooklyne! <3

      Delete