Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2019

it's okay not to know

As an older high school teen, with graduation seeming right around the corner, many people have been asking me what I want to do with my life after high school. Questions such as this aren't bad, and they mean well.

However, when all you have to say in response is: "I don't know", it can be hard. It can be hard not knowing what you want to do with your life after high school, or after college, or wherever you're at in life.

It's okay not to know where you want to be in a few years, it's okay not to know what to do after high school. Yeshua will help you see what you should do when the time is right. So don't waste your time worrying. Trust Him. He's got this. :)

1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your worries on Him, for He cares for you."


6 comments:

  1. That is so inspiring! :D I often struggle with the thought of what I want to be when I graduate. This is just what I needed to hear :-) Thanks, Molly Anne! :-)
    ~Elate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Elate! So glad it encouraged you! <3 :)

      Delete
  2. Molly, this was so good!! Even though I know exactly what I want to do now, there was a time I didn’t have the faintest idea and it was so tough every time someone asked. I know it’s just the natural thing to ask a kid of any age, but it’s so hard when everyone else seems to feel like you should have your life plotted out. Keep trusting Him, girl!! It’s oh-so-okay not to know...it makes it that much more amazing when He tells you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesss! I love this post! I got asked that question a lot at my graduation party, and honestly, I still don't know exactly what I want to "do when I grow up." But someone very wise once told me that you can't steer a car unless it's moving forward. So keep going, and God will lead and guide you where His will is for you to go and with what you will do. It can feel overwhelming at times, but keep trusting because He's got this! <3
    Thank you for this post, Molly!

    ReplyDelete