Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Judge by R. J. Larson


Synopsis


The last thing Kien Lantec expects on his first day of military leave is to receive marching orders from his Creator, the Infinite. Orders that don't involve destroyer-racing or courting the love of his life, Ela. Adding to Kien's frustration, his Infinite-ordained duties have little to do with his skills as a military judge-in-training. His mission? To warn the people of ToronSea against turning their backs to the Infinite to worship a new goddess. 

But why Kien? Isn't this the role of a true prophet, such as Ela of Parne?

Seeking answers, Kien visits Ela and finds her stricken by a devastating vision of her own. Her birthplace, Parne, has been corrupted by her enemies and will soon suffer judgement. Pulled in separate ways, each must seek to follow the Infinite's leading and hope He will reunite them again soon. 

My Review


"Amazing! I love this book!" These were some of my thoughts after finishing Judge. The spiritual depth to this book was so incredible, and so good! Judge is a fascinating book!

Ela Roeh was definitely a favorite character! I loved her feistiness, and her willingness to follow the Infinite, even when it was unpopular and dangerous. (in many ways, Ela reminds me of myself throughout all of the Books of the Infinite series). ;)

I enjoyed seeing how Kien grew in his faith and trust in the Infinite. 

Tzana was so sweet, and so adorable, and I loved her childlike faith!

My favorite characters were the Infinite, Ela, Kien, and Tzana. However I also really liked Kalme, Dan, Jess, Bryce, Akabe, Beka and Jon. (They weren't main characters, but I still really enjoyed them!) :)

What I especially loved about this book is the relationships the Infinite had with His children Ela and Kien, among others. The Infinite was so forgiving, and so loving. It was so beautiful to see how the Infinite talks to His people, comforts His people, helps them, and cares for them.

Judge was so good! You all should check out R. J. Larson's books- they are extraordinary! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment