Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2018

12 Days of Christmas - Beyond the Horizon (book review)


Today's post is a book review of one of my favorite Christmas novels! :)


Synopsis


Eliana longs to see the world beyond the mountains that tower above Salzburg, Austria, but knows that dream will never see such adventure- and neither will she. 

Surrounded by a world of cruelty, she lives for the weekly visits of Aron, a boy she met on one of her rambles through the countryside. 

But as the years pass and she begins to grow older, a new and unwelcome world is opened up to her. On a fateful night at a party she vowed she'd never attend, she comes face to face with a shocking truth. 

As the world around her teeters on the brink of war, Eliana struggles to figure out just where her loyalty lies; a decision that will drastically change the course of her life. Will she ever be free to see what lies beyond the horizon? 

My Review


Apparently, I have not read many Christmas novels. However, out of all the ones I have read, this one is definitely among my favorites! :)

Now, the characters. ;) I really liked how Aron was always watching out for Elly, and making sure she took care of herself. 
Elly was a sweet character. Her tendency to run outside in the freezing cold with no coat was hilarious! I loved the part when she discovered her Messiah! 

The setting was December 1938, in Salzburg, Austria. I really enjoyed the setting! The plot twists were very well written and well done; and made it interesting and unpredictable. The little bit of romance woven throughout the book was adorable! 

The way faith was portrayed, was amazing! Overall, I give this book 5/5 stars!

(Don't forget to head over to Faith's blog and check out her post and other blogger's posts!) :)

6 comments: