Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Love Finds You in Last Chance, California by Miralee Ferrell


Synopsis 


Its 1877 and Alexia Travers is alone in the world. Her father has died unexpectedly, leaving her burdened with a heavily mortgaged horse ranch. Marrying one of the towns all-to-willing bachelors would offer an easy solution, but Alex has no interest in marriage. Instead, she dons mens trousers and rides the range, determined to make the ranch a success on her own. 

But despite Alex's best efforts, everything seems to go wrong: ranch hands quit, horses are stolen, and her father's gold goes missing. Alex is at her wits end when wrangler Justin Phillips arrives in Last Chance with his young son, looking for a job. But there seems to be more to Justin's story than he's willing to share. 

Will Alex ever be able to trust him? More importantly, will the independent woman finally learn to depend on God?

Review 


 Alex, (or Alexia), was definitely my favorite character! She ran her own ranch, and kept it going even through tough times. She wore pants while working with horses and riding- which was unheard-of in the 1870s. ;) She loved horses, and didn't need to be popular to be happy. Alex didn't care what other people thought of her. She stood up for the ones who were bullied, ignored, misunderstood, and left behind. I loved her personality! Alex and I have a lot in common. ;)

Toby, a three-year-old boy, was so adorable!!! He always wanted to be riding a horse. :) A few other characters I really enjoyed were Uncle Joe, Martha, Elizabeth, and Justin. 

There were a few more delicate subjects in this book, but they were handled very well; I was pleasantly surprised. The truths woven throughout the book were beautiful! This book was really good! The mystery and suspense made the book fascinating. :)

My favorite quote: "I guess it would be asking too much to get married in trousers." - Alex ;)

4 comments:

  1. The book sounds really awesome and interesting. Sadly, there is no room left in my book shelf as of now, but maybe in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds great! I'll have to put it on my library request list.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really REALLY like this book! :)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  4. ❤️the review. I may just check the library for this one.

    ReplyDelete