Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Favorite Books of 2018

Today's post is going to be different. :) Although it's almost February, I'm going to do a post of my favorite books I read in 2018. 

Indie Published



I Don't Dance by Jesseca Wheaton - This book is so special and sweet!!! Full review here.


Behold by Faith Potts - This Christmas story collection was so adorable! Full review here.


The Silent Blade by Jesseca Wheaton - This is one of the best medieval-type books I've read in a long time!



Questions of War series by Jesseca Wheaton - A Question of Honor was the very first indie-published book I think I've ever read. And it was so, so, so good. A Question of Courage was absolutely amazing too!!! Full reviews here and here. :)

Historical 





Zion Chronicles series by Bodie and Brock Thoene - This 5-book series was really good. The wide variety of characters and their points of view kept it fascinating. Full review here.


The Blessing by Kacy Barnett-Gramckow - This one had interesting history behind it. I really enjoyed reading it. :) Full review here.

Other books



Joey by Jennifer Marshall Bleakley - This was one of the best horse books ever! Joey is so sweet,  and the faith woven throughout the book was beautiful. 


Past Darkness by Laurel Woiwode - Put music and horses together, and it's one of my favorite books! ;) Seeing the way music helped Gabrielle was totally awesome!


This Present Darkness by Frank E. Peretti - Wow. There was so much insight on the spiritual world in this one. Full review here.

~~~

So those are some of my favorites of 2018. There were so many great books, and many that I didn't even list. Hope you enjoyed this post! :)

8 comments:

  1. Well I know where to go if I need book recommendations! :D I clicked on your review of "I Don't Dance" and it sounds so good! Maybe I'll get to reading that someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are a lot of books. The only author listed on there that I have heard of, Faith Potts, is a really good writer in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look gr8! I Don't Dance and Behold were really good!!! I bought The Gates of Zion at a thrift store, and was hesitant to read it because I have never seen it around before. Glad to hear you liked it! What was you favorite one in the series? Have you heard of The Zion Covenant series by the same authors?
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brooklyne! My favorite book in the Zion Chronicles is probably the first and the third, although they were all really good!
      I have heard of the Zion Covenant series before; I have only read the first book, and that was a few years ago. I definitely enjoyed the Zion Chronicles best, but the other ones might be good too. The first Zion Covenant one got really in-depth and really complicated, so I had a harder time with that.
      You should totally check them out! (Especially the Zion Chronicles!) :)

      Delete
  4. Seek, all the Wheaton books... <3 I haven't read Past Darkness yet, but I hope to soon. So glad you enjoyed Behold! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They're all awesome! I enjoyed Behold immensely! :) You should totally read Frank E. Peretti's books! :)

      Delete