Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Horses and Friends by Miralee Ferrell ~ Book Review



Synopsis


Note: This is the synopsis for Book 1. There are six books in the series so far. Don't forget to check out the other novels, too! :)


A horse of her own would be awesome. But Kate figures that might be a long way away, especially since she had to give up riding lessons and move to her late grandfather's farm. Besides, it would be a lot more fun to have a best friend to ride with. When Kate discovers a barn on their new farm that's perfect for a horse, and a dusty bridle too, she starts to think that her dream might come true. Then she meets Tori at school, who is totally the best. So when they discover a thoroughbred that appears to be all alone, could it be the answer to her prayers? Maybe. If she can convince her dad...and figure out what's going on with that horse.

Review


This is a review of all six books.

This was a fun series! It's probably one of my favorite horse-related fiction series I've found. The characters are so different, and yet work so well together--(although they still disagree.). ;) My favorite characters are Tori and Pete. Pete is Kate's little autistic brother. I loved how the author added that element into the novels!

I really liked how the characters' relationship with God were interwoven throughout the entire series. The characters struggled, had joys and triumphs and it was cool to watch them get through it all. Two of my favorite aspects of this series are the horses and the mysteries. The mysteries are fascinating, and not overly gross or creepy. They're just great mysteries 13-year-old kids are solving. :)

These are great novels for anyone who loves horses, friendships, and mysteries.

3 comments:

  1. Both my cousin and I really like this series. :) By the way, I'm not sure if you heard, but she is coming out with a seventh book. I'm not sure when it will be published, though.
    ~Elate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have heard she's coming out with a seventh; can't wait! :)

      Delete
  2. I love this series and I can't wait for the seventh book!

    ReplyDelete