Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Birthday Bash ~ Author Interview with Faith Potts


Today, I've got an author interview with Faith Potts for you all! Dandelion Dust, her novel, is turning two! If you want to read my review of this novel, click here. Don't forget to head over to Faith's blog to hear more! :)

1. What is the most important thing God taught you while writing Dandelion Dust?
To cherish all that you've been given. Quite at random, I picked the word "cherish" as my Word of the Year for 2017. I had no idea then how this book-and other things in my life-would teach me what that word really means in the following months.

2. Which book that you have written (doesn't necessarily need to be published) ;) has made the biggest impact on your life?
I would have to say Freedom-my contemporary fiction novel, with military connections and suicide themes. If you'd asked me five years ago if I would ever write a book about suicide and Marines, I would have given a definite "no." But God had other plans, and the writing of that story has taken me on a crazy ride that I wouldn't trade for anything.

3. What is the main thing you want people to take away from your books? 
No matter what you've done, no matter how far you have fallen, no matter how dark it may seem-the God of mercy and forgiveness loves you in a way you cannot even begin to comprehend. No matter the pain in your heart, He has not forgotten you or left you comfortless. Our God will not forsake His own. <3

4. How has your relationship with God grown over your years of writing?
In oh, so many ways, writing has drawn me closer to God than I was before. I find it so much easier to learn from a story than a lecture. And oftentimes, when God is trying to teach me something, He gives me a story to write that reflects that lesson or moral. It's pretty great. <3

5. What is your favorite hobby?
In my free time, I enjoy writing, reading, and blogging. Three things that combine rather nicely when it comes to the life of an indie author!

6. What is the silliest/most embarrassing thing you did when you were a kid?
I love this question. xD Something that I did often as a kid (and yes, I still do it sometimes) was pick apart my food. Oreos have to be split open and eaten one piece at a time. I have countless ways to pick apart Little Debbies, crackers, and granola bars. Even now, I get blamed for being the one who taught my little brother to pick apart food...it may or may not be a factual accusation...

7. What is your personality?
Ahh, I never know how to answer this sort of question... I'm the type of person who loves to dream and laugh, but has a hard time creating true and lasting friendships. I thrive on Jesus, coffee, and sarcasm. If you make me laugh or smile or feel, you're automatically on my favorite people list. Or if you prefer a more professional answer, my Myer-Briggs personality type is INFP.

8. What is your favorite book of the Bible?
Because I can never pick one favorite... I particularly love Joshua, Ruth, Nehemiah, Psalms, and 1&2 Timothy.

Great answers, Faith! Thanks for allowing me to interview you! :)

Thanks for having me, Molly! <3

Tomorrow, pick up a free ebook copy of Dandelion Dust!

2 comments: