Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Winnie the Horse Gentler series ~ Book Review


Synopsis


Twelve-year-old Winnie Willis has a way with horses. She can gentle the wildest mare, but other parts of her life don't always come as easily. Along with her dad and sister, Lizzy, Winnie is learning how to live without her mom, who was also a natural horse gentler. As Winnie teaches her horses about unconditional love and blind trust, God shows Winnie that he can be trusted too. Readers will be hooked on the series' vivid characters, whose quirky personalities fill Winnie's life with friendship and adventure.

Review


I first read these books years ago, when I was around 12 years old. I enjoyed them immensely! The horse side of these books was incredible. I loved the way Winnie worked with horses. The characters of Dandi Daley Mackall's books are always interesting. She keeps the books full of fresh and interesting characters.
The author also does a great job with weaving God into each book. I really appreciated that!
This is a great series for anyone who loves animals! :)

5 comments:

  1. My sister had read some of these!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked these books.
    ~Elate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great books! :) Thanks for commenting, Elate!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. I discovered your blog four days ago and decided to write a comment. I really like your blog. I'll have to check it regularly :-)
      ~Elate

      Delete